Hat tip to The Blaze for this Story
MSNBC‘s Andrea Mitchell Doesn’t Apologize for Taking Romney Out of Context — Plays More of Clip Instead
You can’t even call this half-hearted.
Andrea Mitchell on Tuesday did not apologize for heavily editing a clip of Mitt Romney (hear her original edit here) talking about a Wawa gas station at a recent campaign stop. Instead, she made an excuse, saying she didn’t get a “chance” to play the whole thing on Monday and played more of the clip to try and soften the blow meant to portray him as out of touch:
The clip Mitchell played Tuesday does offer a little more context, but it should be noted that Mitchell — after laughing at it yesterday — did not take the time to explain the full context: Romney was discussing how private enterprise is more efficient than government.
And all this raises the question: If it was simply a case of Mitchell not having the “chance” to play the full clip on Monday, then why did she even play it in the first place? If the point was to have a fair discussion on Romney and his statements, then there would be no question that she and her team would have played the full clip and given the context.
But I think we know the points wasn’t a fair discussion. It was to get a cheap laugh and mock the former governor. And they achieved their goal.
This time they just got caught.
See the video clips at The Blaze:
ANY QUESTIONS ?
- MSNBC at it again editing a Romney Speech Video to show him as Out of Touch: Shame on you BS-NBC (twighlightslastgleaming.wordpress.com)
- Offers non-apology apology… (politico.com)
- NBC Busted for Doctoring Romney Tape (rushlimbaugh.com)
- MORE ON MSNBC: MSNBC takes Romney’s “WaWa” remark out of context for the purpose of mockery. Sha… (pjmedia.com)
- Andrea Mitchell Lies About Her Lies (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Mediaite: Andrea Mitchell Keeps WaWa Story Alive By Pretending It Doesn’t Exist (gestetnerupdates.com)
- Media malpractice: Andrea Mitchell sweeps falsely edited Romney Wawa video under rug (twitchy.com)
- MSNBC’s Selectively-edited Romney Video, Andrea Mitchell’s Non-Apology Illustrate Network’s Dishonesty (newsbusters.org)
- Andrea Mitchell Keeps WaWa-Gate Story Alive By Pretending It Doesn’t Exist (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Doesn’t Apologize For Romney Wawa Editing (mediaite.com)