“Out of the mouths of babes” isn’t just a meaningless expression. When applied to an unnamed 15-year-old girl in Maryland who testified about the importance of the Second Amendment and the havoc wreaked by gun control, “out of the mouths of babes” refers to a clear-eyed, rational, logic statement that explains the benefits that arms confer on law-abiding citizens, and the ineffectiveness of gun control laws that only harm, not help, those most likely to be victimized by gun crime.
We don’t know much about her, but this 15-year-old girl from Maryland sure knows her facts when it comes to firearms.
Speaking before Maryland legislators at recent a hearing, the young woman made her case against gun control and argued restrictive legislation will only affect law-abiding American citizens. It only took her about three minutes to effectively make her point.
The video was posted to YouTube about a week ago and already has over 1.5 million views.
“I’m 15-years-old and I’ve been shooting for almost eight years. I’ve also been part of the Maryland Rifle Club and Maryland State Rifle Team,” she began. “Because of this I have become eligible for various shooting scholarships around the country to a wide array of even the most prestigious colleges that have shooting teams.”
“Achieving stricter gun control laws would obliterate any opportunity I could have had to attend a decent college on a shooting scholarship,” she added.
She went on to say that it became immediately clear when she began shooting that guns are not the problem, people are.
“Chicago, Illinois has had some of the strictest gun control laws in America enacted in the last few years and it is currently more as twice as likely for you to be killed in Chicago than in the Afghani war,” the 15-year-old said.
She pointed out that of the 3,371 have been killed in Chicago in the past 11 years. Of that total, only 37 were killed with a rifle — barely 1 percent.
“So creating gun control legislation that targets ‘assault rifles’ has statistically proven to only weed out less than 1 percent of the problem if you’re lucky,” she added.
- 15 Year-old Maryland Girl Destroys Gun Control Arguments (Video) (thealexandrianva.com)
- 15 Year-old Maryland Girl Destroys Gun Control Arguments (Video) (theseatonpost.com)
- 15 year old girl leaves anti-gun politicians speechless (everydaynonsenseblog.wordpress.com)
- 15 Year Old Young Woman Leaves Maryland Gun Grabbing Politicians Speechless (freedomoutpost.com)
- 15-year Old Girl Delivers the Facts, Leaves Maryland Crowd Speechless (guns.com)
- Maryland House OKs gun control bill (theseatonpost.com)
- [Video] Fifteen Year Old Young Lady Leaves Maryland Anti Gun Politicians Speechless (VIDEO) (secretsofthefed.com)
- Fed Up, Beretta Announces They Will Leave Maryland (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Md. General Assembly passes gun-control bill (wjla.com)
- Connecticut Signs Gun Controls After Newtown Massacre (4umf.com)