Hat Tip to shortformblog.tumblr.com for this information
- The plan Indiana Republican Jud McMillin (yes, just one “d”) introduced a bill in the Indiana General Assembly that would have required random drug testing of welfare recipients.
- The sabatogeDemocratic legislator Ryan Dvorak added an amendment to also require drug testing for elected officials in the state. McMillin withdrew the bill. source
» The nitty-gritty: ”If we’re going to impose standards on drug testing,” Dvorak said, “then it should apply to everybody who receives government money.” McMillin claimed that he had to withdraw the bill after Dvorak’s amendment was added, due to a 1997 Supreme Court ruling that it’s unconstitutional to drug test candidates for elected office…but that logic is flawed, as the Dvorak Amendment would have only required testing of officials already in office, not candidates. Surprisingly, McMillin said he plans to introduce a new version of the bill….that requires lawmaker testing as well. “Give me the cup right now and I will be happy to take the test,” McMillin said.
Indiana Democrat foils attempt to mandate drug testing of welfare recipients with sneaky amendment (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
The time has come America for us to demand the Drug Testing of Welfare Recipients.
While were at it, how about our Elected Officials
These seem to be the people who are putting the greatest strain on our American Economy and it seems only a Drug Addiction could cause the dis-functionality we are seeing within our Government!
I for one have had enough of the Social In-Justice we are seeing under this Socialist President and Drug Testing might just get his sorry ass thrown out of Office before the Election!
WE ARE A NATION OF LAWS SO LETS START ENFORCING THEM STARTING WITH
- Indiana Democrat foils attempt to mandate drug testing of welfare recipients with sneaky amendment (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Indiana Welfare Drug Testing Bill Withdrawn After Amended To Include Testing Lawmakers (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Bill to Drug Test Welfare Recipients Pulled After Amended to Include Lawmakers (clutchmagonline.com)
- Welfare Drug Testing Bill Withdrawl After Amended To Include Testing Lawmakers (elmsprogressivemedia.wordpress.com)
- Welfare Drug Testing Bill Withdrawn After Amended To Include Testing Lawmakers (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Democratic legislators keep giving Republicans wedgies over drug testing (dailykos.com)
- Legislator In Favor of Drug Testing Welfare Recipients, Not in Favor of Drug Testing Legislators [Drugs] (jezebel.com)
- Bill which would require drug testing welfare recipients pulled after amended to include legislators (truthsupport.wordpress.com)
- Letter: Start drug testing at top (knoxnews.com)
- Time to Start Drug Testing Welfare Recipients and Our ELECTED OFFICALS! (votingamerican.wordpress.com)